[R] n stage integer optimisation in R

WBRETT warren.brettenny at nmmu.ac.za
Tue Apr 21 10:47:45 CEST 2009

Hi there, if anyone can please help it would be wonderful!

I have a integer programming problem. I have a list of objects, and i need
to select them according to certain contraints. In doing so, each object is
given a value, and this value is what needs to be maximised.
This is not the problem, i use a simple integer program(using lpSolve
package), with a constraint matrix, setting all.bin = TRUE, and the 1's will
indicate that the object must be selected, a zero indicates that it
shouldn't be selected. So selecting the objects at this stage is fine, but
here is my big problem:

There are multiple stages and each object is given different score a each
stage. I now need to optimise the total (over all 10 stages) knowing that i
can only make x changes to the set objects chosen at the first stage.

does anyone know of a package i can use that can do this for me?

If the problem is not clear, please let me know so i can try to rephrase it

Thanx