[R] joined R-today

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Tue Apr 21 17:08:38 CEST 2009

Bala,

I would not advocate disabling SELinux entirely to resolve this issue.
SELinux is one of the key security features of Fedora Linux and some
other Linux distributions that have adopted it. It has already been
demonstrated to be robust with respect to so-called zero-day attacks.

I would first look to take a more surgical approach to resolve this
particular issue with this package. Using the SETroubleshoot daemon is
the easiest way to accomplish this as it will provide specific
instructions.

As with any security approach, there are trade-offs between security
and usability, but SELinux as a mandatory access control system is
well worthwhile keeping in place.

BTW, as a future reference, there is a r-sig-fedora list:

HTH,

Marc