[R] broken example: lme() + multcomp() Tukey on repeated measures design

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Apr 21 16:30:20 CEST 2009

William Simpson <william.a.simpson <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to do Tukey HSD comparisons on a repeated measures expt.
> I found the following example on r-help and quoted approvingly elsewhere.
> It is broken. Can anyone please tell me how to get it to work?
>

> I am using R 2.4.1.

That's the problem. Not the R-Version, but the likelihood that the
multcomp package was not updated also, and lme definitively not
in early version.s

other attached packages:
[1] multcomp_1.0-7 mvtnorm_0.9-5  nlme_3.1-90    MASS_7.2-46

> glht(Lme.mod, linfct=mcp(V="Tukey"))

         General Linear Hypotheses

Multiple Comparisons of Means: Tukey Contrasts

Linear Hypotheses:
                              Estimate
Marvellous - Golden.rain == 0    5.292
Victory - Golden.rain == 0      -6.875