[R] prop.test() - need algorithm or reference

Ronggui Huang ronggui.huang at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 17:01:07 CEST 2009

The help page of prop.test gives you three references. Isn't it enough?
For example,

     Newcombe R.G. (1998) Two-Sided Confidence Intervals for the Single
     Proportion: Comparison of Seven Methods. _Statistics in Medicine_
     *17*, 857-872.

     Newcombe R.G. (1998) Interval Estimation for the Difference
     Between Independent Proportions: Comparison of Eleven Methods.
     _Statistics in Medicine_ *17*, 873-890.