[R] How to use R to perform prediction based on history data

Jack Su jacksuyu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 04:27:39 CEST 2009

Say I have a csv file, each row contains several fields, one of them
are whether the row is success.

In history data, I have all the fields including the result of whether
it is success. In future data, I only have fields without the result.

For example:

history data:

Field1 Field2 Field3     Field4  ResultField
1231    CA       TRUE    443        TRUE
23231  NC       TRUE    123        FALSE
1231    CA        FALSE    243        TRUE

The future data:
Field1 Field2   Field3     Field4
23231  NC       TRUE    123

I am newbie in R and statistics, I just feel R could have some
mechanism to give the probably of success rate based on history data.

I tried to read in the csv data, and try to call "factor" on the list,
but I am seeing error message:
Error in sort.list(unique.default(x), na.last = TRUE) :

Any idea are highly welcome.

Thanks in advance.