[R] How to use R to perform prediction based on history data

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Sat Aug 15 17:25:30 CEST 2009

Please have a look at the posting guide. For your problem of loading the
data, we do not know what you have done and, therefore, cannot even try to
guess what the reason for the error message may be. So at least we need
information what you did in R (the code). Second, the posting guide
generally requires to provide minimally self-contained code. In other words,
an example that we just have to copy in the R prompt that reproduces your
problem. Often the attempt to create such an example makes you find the
source of the error yourself.

As for the modeling question, yes, R allows you to predict for many
estimated models. However, this is "dangerous" if you are new to statistics
and don't really know what you are doing. You should ask your/a local
statistician/econometrician to help you with modeling your data. Everything
we could do from a distance is vague, especially given the vague description
of your data.

Best,
Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus