[R] predict.kohonen som: what is the trainY parameter?

Francesco Stablum stablum at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 19:59:24 CEST 2009

Hello,
I am quite new to R, and, after having used successfully the function
"som" (package kohonen), I am trying to use the predict.kohonen
function for pattern recognition under noise, but cannot find further
documentation about the trainY parameter.

The documentation of predict.kohonen says about the trainY parameter:
"Values for the dependent variable for the training data."

Anybody understands what does it mean?

thanks,
Francesco Stablum

--
The generation of random numbers is too important to be left to chance
- Robert R. Coveyou