[R] challenge in using layout with r bind function

John Kane jrkrideau at yahoo.ca
Sun Aug 16 20:13:30 CEST 2009

?layout  first example seems to do this unless I misunderstand the placement of the second graph.

layout(matrix(c(1,1,0,2), 2, 2, byrow = TRUE))
plot(1:10, col="blue")
plot(1:5,col="red")

?rbind for information on it.  rbind basically concatinates two rectangular data.sets such as matrices or data.frames

Example
(mat1 <- matrix(1:9, ncol=3))
(mat2  <-  matrix(11:19, ncol=3))
rbind(mat1,mat2)