[R] How to use your own data in gstat and sp?

Paul Heinrich Dietrich paul.heinrich.dietrich at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 17:33:44 CEST 2009

This seems pretty basic, but I can't get any data to work except for the
documented examples.  When the goal is to get to SpatialPixels, here is what
I see...

> x <- runif(10,1,10)
> y <- runif(10,1,10)
> z <- rnorm(10,0,1)
> MyData <- as.data.frame(cbind(x,y,z))
> library(gstat)
> coordinates(MyData) <- ~x + y
> gridded(MyData) <- TRUE
suggested tolerance minimum: 0.893182669294186
Error in points2grid(points, tolerance, round, fuzz.tol) :
  dimension 1 : coordinate intervals are not constant

I've spent way too much time trying to get my data to work.  Please help.
Thanks.