[R] Problems with loading 'wordnet' in a standalone pc

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sun Aug 23 20:36:55 CEST 2009

Looks like nobody answered so far:

Kelvin Lam wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I have the following error code after submitting library(wordnet) in a
> standalone pc.  rJava is already in place.

Please read the posting guide and tell us:

- Which version of R?
- Which version of wordnet?
- Which version of rJava?
- Which version of Java?

If anywhere not the most recent one: Please upgrade and report again.

> Error in .jpackage(pkgname,lib.loc=libname)
> unused argument(s) (lib.loc=libname)
> Error: .onLoad failed in 'loadNamespace' for 'wordnet'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'wordnet'
>
> My guess is I miss something from the namespace but unfortunately I can't
> get to the internet.  Does anyone know what I'm missing (from the
> namespace?).  Thank you very much!

No, probably nothing is missing from the namespace, but probably too old
versions or strange libraries in use.

Best,
Uwe Ligges