[R] adding points to a wireframe

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 22:57:25 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:27 PM, jebyrnes<byrnes at msi.ucsb.edu> wrote:

> Hrm.  I have to admit, I don't entirely understand how to use the scaling,
> and that seems like a lot of unneeded extra code.  It is what it is, though.

That's true, and I think it would be easy enough to have a flag to
panel.3dscatter etc. telling it whether the points are already scaled
are not, so that it can rescale itself if necessary. I'll try to get
that in when I have a chance.

> The documentation about scaling is somewhat obtuse.  Do you have a clear
> explanation of what it is and how to use it in this instance?  Perhaps even

Well, in ?panel.3dscatter, the entry for 'x,y,z' says they are

  "appropriately subsetted (using 'subscripts') and scaled (to lie
inside a bounding
  box, usually the [-0.5, 0.5] cube)",

'xlim', 'ylim' etc. are the "limits for the respective axes", and

'xlim.scaled' etc.are "axis limits (after being scaled to the bounding box)".

Not really much else to add (?cloud gives a brief high-level
description of what happens).

-Deepayan