[R] R will not load

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Dec 4 10:58:00 CET 2009

Hi

It sometimes occur if I work on different computers. When I save work on
one and try to start with another it has to have installed all packages
used in a saved session. So I need to add a package(s) yet uninstalled and
than the session is started.

Petr Pikal
petr.pikal at precheza.cz
724008364, 581 252 256,
581 252 140, 581 252 257

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 02.12.2009 23:29:35:

> David, Erik, Uwe, Peter
> Thanks to everyone. I found .Rdata (it was hidden) deleted it and all is
well.
> P.S. The suggestion to launch R from the command line with the --vanilla

> option allowed the program to start, but it did not solve the problem of

> launching from start>all programs>R
>

> John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
> Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
> University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
> Baltimore VA Medical Center
> 10 North Greene Street
> GRECC (BT/18/GR)
> Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
> (Phone) 410-605-7119
> (Fax) 410-605-7913 (Please call phone number above prior to faxing)>>>
Uwe
> Ligges <ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de> 12/2/2009 5:12 PM >>>
>

> John Sorkin wrote:
> > I delete my R directory, and searched for and file of the form .RData,
> don't have any. I re-installed R. my problem persists. Any suggestions?
>
> You do have it. Otherwise R would not give that error message.
> Please take a look in the directory that is used as the working
> directory of R. Note that files beginning with a dot are not visible in
> the Windows Explorer by default and may not be found with Windows search

> in default settings.
>
> Best wishes,
> Uwe Ligges
>

> > John
> >

> > John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
> > Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
> > University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
> > Baltimore VA Medical Center
> > 10 North Greene Street
> > GRECC (BT/18/GR)
> > Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
> > (Phone) 410-605-7119
> > (Fax) 410-605-7913 (Please call phone number above prior to faxing)>>>
David