[R] Is SEM package of R suitable for sem analysis

Bruno Falissard falissard_b at wanadoo.fr
Sat Dec 26 14:32:13 CET 2009

A few years ago it could have been true, but now the package has improved
(especially with the bootstrap procedure).
At the moment there is no argument to recommend AMOS.
Of course, some software like Mplus are actually better, but very
specialized (and rather expensive).
This is only a personal point of view.
Bruno

Bruno Falissard
INSERM U669, PSIGIAM
"Paris Sud Innovation Group in Adolescent Mental Health"
Maison de Solenn
97 Boulevard de Port Royal
75679 Paris cedex 14, France
tel : (+33) 6 81 82 70 76