[R] Is SEM package of R suitable for sem analysis

Joe King jp at joepking.com
Sat Dec 26 17:30:07 CET 2009

I am going to take SEM this next quarter in my doctoral program. My
suggestion is to use the program your professor suggests and try to
re-create your models in R using the SEM package. We are not going to use
AMOS though we use EQS, and another prof on campus who teaches it in a
different department uses LISREL, so since SEM hasn't been implemented in
most commercial software and you need specialty software for it, it may be
best to know several different software programs if you want to do SEM type
work. I do have a feeling since R is growing so rapidly it wont take time
for people in the community to create packages or develop existing packages
equal to or greater than commercial software! LONG LIVE R :)

Joe King
206-913-2912
jp at joepking.com
"Never throughout history has a man who lived a life of ease left a name
worth remembering." --Theodore Roosevelt