[R] Problems in Recommending R

friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de friedrich.leisch at stat.uni-muenchen.de
Wed Feb 4 14:23:06 CET 2009

  > One of my colleagues is a interdisciplinary PhD in Design and
  > Psychology and he has an "in" with a design school where we might be
  > able to get students to take on the redesign of the website.

Thanks a lot, sounds exactly like what we need. If they don't succeed
we can always by time from a professional afterwards. But I'd say
let's give them a shot. For the students it should be more thrilling
to work on a site that gets thousands of hits per day rather than
redoing the menu of the school, cafeteria ;-)

  > He asks:
  > "In order to ensure efficient consumption of resources and maximize
  > our return on investment, please provide potential designers with a
  > direct point of contact (name, email, telephone number) so that they
  > may request a project description and feedback."

  > Obviously the redesign idea has been generated in a community thread,
  > but if anyone from the R foundation can step up as such a contact
  > person I will forward your info to my colleague who will then take the
  > temperature of students at the design school.

Well, I think I qualify for that job and would be happy to do so.

Best,
Fritz

Prof. Dr. Friedrich Leisch

Institut für Statistik                          Tel: (+49 89) 2180 3165
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität                  Fax: (+49 89) 2180 5308
Ludwigstraße 33
D-80539 München                     http://www.statistik.lmu.de/~leisch