[R] Joint test

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Fri Feb 6 22:41:59 CET 2009

Dear Hein,

I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you want to do, but I think
that you want to test that the coefficient of milwinwar equals that of
civwinwar, and similarly and simultaneously for two other pairs of
coefficients. If so, you should be able to use the linear.hypothesis()
function in the car package:

linear.hypothesis(modelPG2, c("milwinwar = civwinwar", "millosewar =
civlosewar", "mildrawwar = civdrawwar"))

You should be able to get the same test from the wald.test() function that
you tried, but I believe that you would have to build the hypothesis matrix
manually.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor