[R] Embedding fonts in pdf graphics

Frank E Harrell Jr f.harrell at vanderbilt.edu
Sun Feb 8 21:18:28 CET 2009

I know you can control this with the cairo package, but I was hoping
that embedFonts( ) would provide a way to embed all fonts, not just the
non-standard ones.  I'm submitting graphics to a journal that wants
Helvetica and Helvetica-bold embedded for some reason.  Is there an easy
way to do this on a pdf graphic created wit pdf()?  A linux system
command would be excellent for my purpose.

Thanks
Frank