[R] general inverse solver?

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 08:56:22 CET 2009

Gabor Grothendieck <ggrothendieck <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am not sure what the point of all this is.

The point of all this is:

1.  Some users of R here on the list apparently would like to have more powerful
CAS functionalities than Yacas can provide.

2. Many of the solution hints to Ryacas on this list were simply not solving the
resp. problem, so the 80/20 statement of yours may be downright wrong.

3. Maxima does incorporate a socket server and can be integrated into other
systems, see EULER (do you never listen?).

What are you mourning about? Of course, it was great that you made available
Yacas for R. But others have the right to discuss their wishes here w/o being
'slammed' every time with questionable hints to Ryacas.

I agree arguments have been exchanged and we should stop here. After this
discussion, I wish someone would think about an Rmaxima package (along the lines
of EULER, e.g.), I cant do it, unfortunately.

Hans Werner Borchers