[R] Problem with loading rJava in R

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Thu Feb 12 22:58:09 CET 2009

charis <charis <at> kaskiris.com> writes:

> Thank you for helping.
>
> I am running the 32-bit version of R on a 64-bit Windows XP machine. After
> reinstalling the rJava package I started getting a windows pop up with the
> message:
>
> Rgui.exe - Unable to Locate Component
> "This application has failed to start because jvm.dll was not found.
> Re-installing the application may fix this problem"
>
> I have installed the 32-bit version of Java, added the jvm.dll to the
> Windows PATH environment variable
> I have also reinstalled R.

http://markmail.org/thread/mtvbuieprgbsut4h

I thought we had tracked this down; it occurs when you have a path that
approaches 1024 character. Duncan Murdoch has made the require changes,
but the changes are not in the package, so you have to download the
development version (r47752 above).

http://cran.at.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rdevel.html

Works without problems for me now.

Dieter