[R] Inference for R Spam

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Wed Feb 25 12:06:07 CET 2009

Dieter Menne wrote:

> And, since my son asked me and I am basketball ignorant: Why are
> basketball scores mostly much too close to equality? The arguments
> (loose power when leading)

Characteristic of the game. Possession of the ball changes rapidly and
the probability of scoring is much higher given possession than in a
game like soccer. The difference between winning and losing is largely a
matter of not missing the frequent opportunities to score, whereas in
soccer the difference is the ability to penetrate a much more effective
defense. To see a similar thing within a sport, compare a tennis match
between two power servers with one between two volley experts.

Jim