[R] which zip file is the emulator package?

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Thu Feb 26 17:22:00 CET 2009

On 2/26/2009 11:08 AM, eric lee wrote:
> Hi.  I'm trying to run the elliptic package on my computer (windows
> platform, version 2.7.2).  I downloaded the elliptic package zip file
> from
>
> http://lib.stat.cmu.edu/R/CRAN/
>
> and installed it, but it says that it needs the "emulator" package.
> Can you tell me where to download this?  The only similar package by
> name is 'emu_4.0.zip' which is not 'emulator.'  I also can't have R
> automatically install this by clicking on 'packages' and 'install
> package' because it gives me an error message.

The current release gives no error if you ask it to install elliptic,
and it automatically finds that emulator is in the BACCO bundle.  You
didn't say what the error message was that you saw, so I can't tell you
whether it was due to a problem on CRAN or with what you asked for.

Generally speaking it's easier and less error-prone to just ask R to
install a package, rather than manually downloading and installing one.

Duncan Murdoch