[R] Problem with RBloomberg (not the usual one)

Sergey Goriatchev sergeyg at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 09:16:43 CET 2009

Hello, everyone!

I have a problem with RBloomberg and this is not the usual "no
administrator rights" problem.

I have R 2.7.2, RBloomberg 0.1-10, RDCOMclient 0.92-0

RDCOMClient, chron, zoo, stats: these packages load OK.

Then, trying to connect, I get following error message:

 conn <- blpConnect(show.days="week", na.action="previous.days",
periodicity="daily")
Warning messages:
1: In getCOMInstance(name, force = TRUE, silent = TRUE) :
  Couldn't get clsid from the string
2: In blpConnect(show.days = "week", na.action = "previous.days",
periodicity = "daily") :
  Seems like this is not a Bloomberg Workstation:  Error : Invalid class string

Anyone encountered this problem?
What is wrong and how can I solve it?

Online, I found just one instance of this problem discussed, and it
was in Chinese:

http://cos.name/bbs/read.php?tid=12821&fpage=3

Thank you for your help!

Sergey