[R] add absolute value to bars in barplot

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Feb 27 18:57:07 CET 2009

Note that putting numbers near the top of the bars (either inside or outside) tends to create 'fuzzy' tops to the bars that make it harder for the viewer to quickly interpret the graph.  If the numbers are important, put them in a table.  If you really need to have the numbers and graph together then look at alternatives (some type of combined table/graph) or put the numbers in a margin of the graph where they will not distract from the graph itself.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org