[R] R in the NY Times

ohri2007 at gmail.com ohri2007 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 20:28:13 CET 2009

Yes I think R as a package can really learn from SAS and SPSS in
making GUI more user friendly , even at the risk of dumbing down some
complexity..

also as a consultant I know that selling software requires a lot of
marketing follow ups..which is why R has lagged behind in actual
implementation and marketing  ( who will go on site at  a client and
implement)...despite being more robust and of course helping companies
save costs in these critical times.

If you market R more and even get a 10 % share of the commercial
market, imagine how many jobs you save by cutting down software costs
of the employers..

Ajay
www.decisionstats.com