[R] deviance in polr method

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Jan 13 16:26:04 CET 2009

I remember have the same consternation using GLIM with binomial models
on grouped and ungrouped data, but I was counseled by my betters only
to consider differences in models. The differences in deviance are the
same up to rounding error.

 > 859.8018 - 711.3479
[1] 148.4539

 > 168.8-20.3
[1] 148.5

So I would ask if these really are different answers?

--
David Winsemius
Heritage Labs