[R] can't load rJava in R 2.8.1 on Windows XP

drflxms drflxms at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 23 15:44:36 CET 2009

Dear Mr. Murdoch, Dear Mr. Ripley, Dear Mr. Wang,

thank you very much for your quick and efficient help! It is exactly as
Duncan explained it: Including jvm.dll in PATH solved the problem
immediately. Everything works fine now.

The only thing is, that I do not understand why I had to do this
manualy, as I installed Java Runtime Environment a long time ago,
updated frequently and never encountered any difficulties in using Java
software.

Anyway, I am happy now :-)
Thanx again for your great support!
Greetings from Munich, Germany,