[R] naming of columns in R dataframe consisting of mixed data (alphanumeric and numeric)

Moshe Olshansky m_olshansky at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 10 06:52:34 CEST 2009

Hi Mary,

Your data.frame has just one column (not 2)! You can check this by dim(tresult2).
What appears to you to be the first column (names) are indeed rownames.
If you really want to have two columns do something like
tresult2 <- cbind(colnames(tresult),data.frame(t(tresult),row.names=NULL))
Now tresult2 contains 2 columns and you can proceed with
names(tresults2)<-c("Statistic ", "Value")