[R] how to run a R program with input arguments

edisonying edisonying1984 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:15:38 CEST 2009

I am a beginner in R and know only a little about it yet. I have a script
written in R language, named as "a.txt" for example. I am using a Linux
machine, at present I only know that I can type "R" in the terminal and then
copy-paste the content in "a.txt" to the R's interface to execute the
program. However, I want to know if there is any method that allows me to
add some input arguments directly after the "R" in the terminal.
Specifically, I want to type the following in the cmd line:

   R (some flags or option) a.txt

then the program will begin to run. Besides, if the program will read a data
file first, can I also specify the data file in the command line? Then the
complete command will become:

   R  a.txt  data.txt

This is important for a beginner. Thanks very much!:working: