[R] How to do adjust for sex, age, genotype for a data

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Sat Jul 18 06:16:28 CEST 2009

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009, 1Rnwb wrote:

> then what will be the other factors needed to be adjusted

It is NOT an exaggeration to say that hundreds of research
papers, dozens of books, and many dissertations have been written on how
to go about answering that question in one context or another.

Given the background you say you have, I doubt that any advice you will
get from this list will enable you to craft a good answer.

What you really need is collaboration with or mentoring from someone
who is expert in these matters and willing to dig into the particulars of
your research area.

and whether I
> should adjust or use them as covariates.

Usually, these amount to the same thing.

Finally how these analysis will be
> done in R

If you are doing this yourself you will probably need guidance from a well
crafted monograph. Quite a few are listed at

 	http://www.r-project.org/doc/bib/R-books.html

HTH,

Chuck

> Harrell, Frank E wrote:
>>
>> 1Rnwb wrote:
>>> Hello R gurus,
>>>
>>> I am biologist doing biomarker research and I have a data set where I
>>> have 6
>>> proteins and close to 3000 samples, i have to look for differences
>>> between
>>> disease(Y) and controls(N) along with genetic risk, genotypes, sex and