[R] Skew-Normal Linear Mixed Model (SNLMM)

Raphael Fraser raphael.fraser at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:22:29 CEST 2009

Dear ALL,

In the Normal Linear Mixed Model (NLMM) we make the assumption that
the random effects are normally distributed. Is it possible to fit a
linear mixed model in R where the random effects are
assumed to have a Skew-Normal distribution? I am trying to reproduce
the results in the paper referenced below. Can anyone help?

Tsung I. Lin, Jack C. Lee. Estimation and prediction in linear mixed
models with skew-normal random effects for longitudinal data.
Statistics in Medicine 2008; 27 (9):1490–1507

Regards,
Raphael

--
Raphael A. Fraser, MSc