[R] Logistic regression and R

Carlos López natorro at fisica.unam.mx
Fri Jul 31 00:11:25 CEST 2009

Hello everybody :-)

I have some data that I want to model with a logistic regression, most
of the independent variables are numeric and the only dependent is
categorical, I was thinking that I could apply a logistic regression
using glm but I wanted to deepen my knowledge of this so I tried to do
some reading and found the "iris" dataset, now I would like to ask two
things, first if you know of any bibliography to read more about the
logistic regression and R so I could understand and interpret better the
output, and second, what could I do when I have some independent
variables that are not only numerical but categorical too, i.e. mixed
(categorical and numerical), can I still use a logistic regression?

Thank you very much!!! :-D

believed to be clean.