[R] "time series", "longitudinal data" or "trajectories"

Christophe Genolini cgenolin at u-paris10.fr
Sat Jun 6 10:54:29 CEST 2009

Thanks for yours answers. So if I understand:
 - Trajectories are continuous, the other are discrete.
 - The difference between time series and longitudinal is that time
series are made at regular time whereas longitudinal are not ?
 - Repeated measures are over a short period of time.

So if I measure the  weight of my patient daily during one week, it will
be repeated measure ; if I measure it once a week during one year,
it will time series ; if I measure it once a week during one year but
with some "missing week", it will longitudinal data ?

Well I guess it is not as simple at that, but is it the idea ?

Christophe