[R] package Rgraphviz or similar

Robbie Morrison robbie at actrix.co.nz
Fri Jun 12 18:43:33 CEST 2009

Hello R users

I am looking for a package to visualize "relatively
planar" directed graphs, with say 100 nodes and
specified using an adjacency list.

'Rgraphviz', currently listed on the R-FAQ, seemed
suitable (FAQ version 2.9.2009-06-05)

But when I looked for the package, I found it had been
recently "removed" and was instead directed to archive
copies (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/Rgraphviz)

Can anybody suggest an alternative R package ('igraph'
perhaps)?  Or would I be better it generate my own .gv
GraphViz files and then pass these directly to
GraphViz.  Or will 'Rgraphviz' return soon?

Any suggestions much appreciated, Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : morrison at iet.tu-berlin.de
Webmail (preferred)           : robbie at actrix.co.nz
[from IMAP client]