[R] Installing the Rstem package

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 5 20:33:37 CET 2009

I don't understand the last message either: the build environment has
problems.

a) There seem to be no Windows binaries on Omegahat for R > 2.7.

b) A few are available from CRAN extras (one of the default
repositories on Window), and I've added Rstem.  So please try again
now.

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Maria I. Tchalakova wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to install the Rstem package, but I have problems. I am
> using Windows XP and the 2.8.1 version of R. I have read the "Add-on
> packages" chapter of the "R Installation and Administration" manual,
> and also have tried several things, which worked for other people on
> the mailing list having faced the same problem
> (http://tolstoy.newcastle.edu.au/R/help/06/03/22889.html).
>
> I paste below the things, which I have tried and the results. I don't
> understand what the message "installation of package 'Rstem' had
> non-zero exit status" mean, which I get on my last try below. Could
> anyone advise me what should I do? Thank you.
>
> p.s. I have successfully installed the lsa package, which depends on
> the Rstem package.

Only for some restricted value of 'success'.