[R] GLM: Classification problem. Help!

John josip.2000 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 23:06:31 CET 2009

Hello,
I need help with this. Let's say that I have n features that I want to
use to predict which class an observation belongs to. Using training
data I try to do the following:

> training$result <- as.factor(training$result)
> model <- glm(result ~., family=binomial("logit"), data = training)

However, when I run the model on my test data I receive predictions
that have continuous values. I.e. if I have the classes 0 and 1 in
"results" I get predictions of 0.234235 and so on.
How do I force the output to be just 0 or 1? What am I missing?

Thanks!
John