[R] Cochran's Theorem

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Thu Nov 19 08:15:27 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Peng Yu wrote:

> I want to understand ANOVA better. But a few textbook that I have do
> not describe Cochran's Theorem in details. Could somebody recommend a
> book for me?

The theorem is ever so briefly described in Yates obituary of Cochran:

 	http://www.jstor.org/stable/2982120

If you wish to understand quadratic forms in statistics and are willing to
invest some time, you cannot do better than to study Rao's book, Linear
Statistical inference and Its Applications.

HTH,

Chuck