[R] 2 functions in xyplot

Paul Hiemstra p.hiemstra at geo.uu.nl
Fri Nov 20 10:06:05 CET 2009

RICHARD M. HEIBERGER wrote:
> "Unexpected symbol" often means missing punctuation.
>
> In this case, it looks like
>
> panel=function(){panel.xyplot(Kalibrierung$Spannung,Kalibrierung
> $Magnetfeld)panel.abline(reg=test)}
>
> this argument is missing a semi-colon ";" before "panel.abline".
>
> panel=function(){panel.xyplot(Kalibrierung$Spannung,Kalibrierung
> $Magnetfeld); panel.abline(reg=test)}

in addition to Richard:

I would try to write out the function over multiple lines:

panel=function(){
        panel.xyplot(Kalibrierung$Spannung,Kalibrierung$Magnetfeld)
        panel.abline(reg=test)}

solven the problem you had, as would the semicolon, but in my opinion it
make the command more readable. You can also use '...' in the panel
function:

panel=function(...){
        panel.xyplot(...)
        panel.abline(reg=test)}

I like this because I don't have think about what to pass on to
panel.xyplot.

hope this helps,
Paul

--