[R] Feature request for as.Date() function

smu ml at z107.de
Wed Nov 25 22:42:22 CET 2009

hi,

it fails, when the NA is surrounded by double quotes, which is the
default way of quoting of the write.table command.

x <- read.csv(textConnection('date,value
+ + 2009-01-01,10
+ + 2009-02-01,1
+ + "NA", 3'), colClasses=c("Date", 'integer'))
Fehler in fromchar(x) :
character string is not in a standard unambiguous format

regards,
 stefan