[R] Feature request for as.Date() function 20)

nabble.30.miller_2555 at spamgourmet.com nabble.30.miller_2555 at spamgourmet.com
Thu Nov 26 06:08:12 CET 2009

An easy way is just to write your own function that will accept "NA",
convert it to NA and then call as.Date.

R is a functional language, so write some functions.  Don't try to
overload existing functions with new options that may break a lot of
existing code.  If you have special requirements, then adapt your code
to them.  You would probably have to wait around for a long time
before an new option got in, so it is easier to create your own.

--
Jim Holtman
Cincinnati, OH