[R] Feature request for as.Date() function 20)

nabble.30.miller_2555 at spamgourmet.com nabble.30.miller_2555 at spamgourmet.com
Wed Nov 25 22:40:00 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 2:56 PM, jim holtman - jholtman at gmail.com
<+nabble+miller_2555+9dc9649aca.jholtman#gmail.com at spamgourmet.com>
wrote:
> Seems to work fine in my testing:

>> Similarly, the following command produces the same error:
>>    as.Date("NA")
>>
>> However, as.Date(NA) performs as documented.
>>
>> Can we enhance the as.Date() function to convert "NA" strings into NA
>> value prior to type conversion?

I sincerely appreciate the help, but with all due respect, I have read
the posting guide and did provide the minimal code necessary to
reproduce the desired feature. To reiterate, I would like to be able
to feed the character string "NA" to the as.Date() function to yield
the same result as `as.Date(NA)`. Please advise if testing the
following does not yield an error:
> as.Date("NA");

This may or may not aid the read.csv() error message in my particular
code (for which a workaround has already been identified).

Thank you.