[R] How to display an image on RGL plot?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 26 15:25:33 CET 2009

    > On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 7:14 AM, Vladimir Eremeev <wl2776 at gmail.com> wrote:
    >> The underlying picture is a JPEG image, loaded with the rimage package and
    >> coerced to the matrix.
    >> Spheres denote control points, collected from this picture and must be
    >> situated over the certain points of the image.
    >> I display the image with rgl.points.
    >> In case of the standard video camera image (704x576) it has to display over
    >> 400000 points which is rather slow and memory consuming.
    >> How can I put an original JPEG on this plot?
    >>
    >> Another problem is that the picture is color initially, but was converted to
    >> the grayscale. I'd like to preserve colors.
    >>

    > Try using surface3d with a flat surface (z=0) and a matrix of colours
    > in the col= argument. See help(surface3d) for an example.

    > Also STOP POSTING!!! There seems to be about 8 copies of your message
    > in my inbox!!!

I hope it has ended now, with 12 copies.

We've seen this once in the past, and also there, it
was the Nabble interface (!)

Personally I'd really prefer people would use regular
subscriptions and regular e-mail for posting to the R mailing
lists.

Martin Maechler,  ETH Zurich,
       		  provider of the major R mailing lists