[R] RSQLite does not read very large values correctly

Ruecker, Sebastian Sebastian.Ruecker at commerzbank.com
Mon Nov 30 17:14:48 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to import data from an SQLite database to R.
Unfortunately, I seem to get wrong data when I try to import very large
numbers.

For example:
I look at the database via SQLiteStudio(v.1.1.3) and I see the following
values:

OrderID	Day		TimeToclose
1		2009-11-25	29467907000
2		2009-11-25	29467907000
3		2009-11-25	29467907000

Now I run this R Code:

> library("DBI")
> library("RSQLite")
>
> # DB Connection
> con <- dbConnect(dbDriver("SQLite"), "C:/Temp/TickDB01.db")
> raw_Data <- dbGetQuery(con, "SELECT OrderID, Day, TimeToClose FROM
Tr_TickData WHERE OrderID in (1,2,3)")
> raw_Data
  OrderID        Day TimeToClose
1       1 2009-11-25  -596864072
2       2 2009-11-25  -596864072
3       3 2009-11-25  -596864072

The values are totally wrong... Is it because RSQLite has a problem with
big numbers?
TimeToClose is microseconds till 17:00.

When I make the numbers smaller, it works again:

> raw_Data <- dbGetQuery(con, "SELECT TimeToClose/1000 as TTC FROM
Tr_TickData WHERE OrderID in (1,2,3)")
> raw_Data
       TTC
1 29467907
2 29467907
3 29467907

I would appreciate any help with this problem!

Thanks and regards,

Sebastian