[R] command similar to colSums for rowSums?

Will Carr torch742 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 19:59:23 CET 2009

David Winsemius wrote:

> What are M, N, and O? All the same magnitude?

In this case, 4,13,10.

> What are you doing based on that if( ) determination?

Increasing a counter.

> Are you sure you are interpreting your profile results correctly?

No, but I think I am. I'm using proc.time() at the beginning of my code and
end, differencing the elapsed time, and running it a few times to get an
average difference.

> Is there a faster way than using a for loop and rowSums?

It may depend on what you are trying to do, which at the moment is
most unclear.

> --

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories