[R] The nature of evidence (was Re: Urgently needed Exercise solutions related to PracticalData)

Patrick Connolly p_connolly at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Oct 5 07:55:51 CEST 2009

On Sat, 03-Oct-2009 at 11:35PM -0400, Daniel Malter wrote:

|> This person has probably mistaken "expelsior" for "excelsior."
|>
|> However, be that as it may, I am personally annoyed by your
|> statement, David, in which you indicate that you believe this to be
|> an MBA/business school problem, especially since the delinquent
|> clearly indicates in his post - for which YOU have provided the
|> link - that he is a computer science student, and also because it
|> is presented without any evidence (which is particularly ironic
|> because this list is for helping with a program that analyzes
|> "evidence").

In fairness to David, what is the evidence that the OP really *is* a
computer science student?  Something tells me not to believe a word
coming from the "evidence" Daniel uses.  The idea of an MBA student
showing how diverse his skills are by getting enough credits to pass a
computer science qualification is not that far-fetched.  Being able to
wing an MBA-type job with such a qualification would be somewhat
easier than winging a computer science job.

On balance, I'd say the evidence for David's postulate is at least as
good as it is for the null.

--
   ___    Patrick Connolly