[R] Ubuntu, Revolutions, R

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 5 14:20:29 CEST 2009

I updated to Ubuntu 9.10 Beta yesterday, and yes I do see the same message
and I am a bit irritated.  I don't want to read these 'marketing' lines any
time I start up R.
I simply deleted the lines from "/etc/R/Rprofile.site" for now, but I am
still wondering who put that in. Is there any deeper reason I didn't get ?

Hans Werner