[R] hardcoded paths hamper running R on heterogeneous grid

Philip Kensche pkensche at cmbi.ru.nl
Thu Oct 15 12:29:00 CEST 2009

Hi,

if I got it right, the --disable-rpath configuration option for R should prevent that library paths are hardcoded in R. Nevertheless, the path to the installation on R on the machine on which I originally installed R *is* hardcoded in the R startup script and also in Rscript.

Is this a bug?

In any case, this *characteristic* makes it impossible to run R on a heterogeneous computing grid in a setting in which R is locally installed (including required modules) on one machine and that installation is copied to each computing element.

   Philip