[R] News on R "s largest corporate partner REVolution Computingand SPSS CEO:

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Oct 21 21:37:40 CEST 2009

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 8:09 PM, Charles Annis, P.E.
<Charles.Annis at statisticalengineering.com> wrote:
> David:
>
> Do you mean "inappropriate" or "embarrassing?"
>
> How would we R-ians know what has happened at REVolution were it not for
> Ajay's note?  Were you planning a press release?  Something like, "47% of
> Revolution summarily fired.  Nobody left with more than a year of
> experience...?"

 Ajay's "note" was a verbatim cut n paste from Danese Cooper's blog,
with no comment, editorial, opinion, or anything. Although Danese may
well be an open-source evangelist, that doesn't mean her blog is
public domain. This was essentially MLP[1] which I don't think we want
on the R-help list. Anyone who cares about REvolution will already be
following the relevant blogs, reading the New York Times, and the
words of the prophet that were written on the subway walls. Oops I
went all Simon and Garfunkel there.

 If people want to add value to relevant blog posts onto R-news by
commenting and inviting discussion then that's fine by me. But no more
cut n paste jobs.

Barry

[1] Mindless Link Propogation - when someone just emails "Hey guyz
look at this : http://example.com/lulz"