[R] Temperature Prediction Model

Aneeta anestays at cs.sunysb.edu
Wed Oct 21 20:23:13 CEST 2009

The data that I use has been collected by a sensor network deployed by Intel.
You may take a look at the network at the following website
http://db.csail.mit.edu/labdata/labdata.html

The main goal of my project is to simulate a physical layer attack on a
sensor network and to detect such an attack. In order to detect an attack I
need to have a model that would define the normal behaviour. So the actual
variation of temperature throughout the year is not very important out here.
I have a set of data for a period of 7 days which is assumed to be the
correct behaviour and I need to build a model upon that data. I may refine
the model later on to take into account temperature variations throughout
the year.

Yes I am trying to build a model that will predict the temperature just on
the given time of the day so that I am able to compare it with the observed
temperature and determine if there is any abnormality. Each node should have
its own expectation model (i.e. there will be no correlation between the
readings of the different nodes).