[R] Diffusion of particles inside a sphere

Ravi Varadhan rvaradhan at jhmi.edu
Thu Oct 22 16:37:51 CEST 2009

Hi,

You need to be a lot more specific about what you want.  Are you trying to solve a partial differential equation (PDE) in time and space, in spherical coordinates?  Do you have a closed form solution that provides the values of the dependent variable (e.g. concentration or temperature) as a function of time and location? If so, it is  a simple matter of writing an R function to compute that and plot the results or do whatever you want to do with the result.  If there is no closed form solution to the PDE, then you have to solve it numerically using finite-differencing coupled with a time-marching scheme such as Euler's or Runge-Kutta schemes.

Hope this helps,
Ravi.

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor,