[R] spplot modifications

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Sep 7 23:51:22 CEST 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 5:29 PM, emorway wrote:

> http://www.nabble.com/file/p25336596/Conductivity1.jpeg
>
> I need a little help making modifications to the image included with
> this
> post.  First, rather than using a linear color legend to display the
> output
> I would like to use a log-scale legend.  Thus, the legend on the
> right would
> go from 1 to 1000, for example, with a classic log-scale gradation.
> What I
> hope to avoid is taking the log of the values and displaying the
> "logged"
> values using a linear scale.

I don't know what you mean here, ("classic" not being a particularly
precise term)  but suggest you look at the chapter 8 examples Figs 8.3
- 8.5 in Sarkar's website:
http://lmdvr.r-forge.r-project.org/figures/figures.html

> Second, at the top of the legend there is a
> random green bar that shouldn't be there.

The "random green bar" is there because colors are recycled and you
have more levels than colors.